Friday, June 10, 2011

City of Rocks State Park

I had always seen the sign for this place on my trips between Silver City and Deming, and yesterday I decided to stop and see what it was.

You come around a hill and there it is. It sticks out from the barren landscape around it and makes you feel like you've instantly landed on another planet.

























I loved the tree carved into the nook of the rocks and found a little cavern that led up to it.




































But my eyes kept wandering over to this rock (the one on the right). I couldn't figure out why I thought it looked like something familiar. It wasn't until I looked at the pictures on the computer that I realized what it looked like (at least to me)




































Anyone else think it looks like a Sleestack from Land of the Lost?

No comments:

Post a Comment