Tuesday, February 14, 2012

All About Love

Since it's Valentine's Day, I thought it only fitting to take a second to talk about the loves in my life.

First and foremost, there's this wonderful man.























He puts up with my crazy mood swings (one of which came over me last night shortly after he'd walked in the door with beautiful flowers and yummy chocolate). He tells me I'm beautiful even though I feel puffy, fluffy and generally unattractive as my feet, hands and belly swell to greater proportions with each passing day. He compliments my cooking (proof: this amazing review of a recent dinner) and deals with the fact that I don't mop, clean toilets, dust, vacuum or wash windows. Oh yeah - I also don't iron.

But most of all, he's patient, kind, thoughtful and loving. He is there next to me when things are great, and he lifts me up when they feel like they're falling apart. He's the kind of guy every girl deserves but few actually find. In the words of Ellen Page in Juno, "he's the cheese to my macaroni." He is the perfect Valentine today and every day.

And then there's this amazing little person.


















I can't count the moments even in just the last few weeks that she's done something so cute that it literally stops me in my tracks. From saying "bless you" after I sneezed, to the way she's started patting my back when she hugs me or holding my cheeks when she kisses, she has me wrapped around those chubby little fingers.

I know we should be shooting more video to capture all these moments, but when they arrive we're so transfixed by them that we have to just record them with our mental cameras (and on here to read back again later).

Thank you to Brian and Madeline, my two Valentines, for filling my life with more love than I ever imagined possible. I love you both more than words could ever say.

No comments:

Post a Comment