Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Finished: Bond Girl




















This book has been described as a cross between "The Devil Wears Prada" and "Wall Street." I guess I see that. It had good reviews in a few magazines, and I thought it would be a good little diversion from some of the heavier stuff I've read (and failed to review) lately.

If I had to pick a word to describe this book, it'd be "meh." Not even sure that's actually a word, but I thought this was cute but very predictable. It's the story of Alex Garrett, a girl who dreamed not of becoming a doctor or a lawyer but of entering the boys-only club of Wall Street. She takes an entry level job doing demeaning and ridiculous things in order to earn her way. She begins to excel and becomes a part of the boys club and proves she's more than just a pretty girl. While I appreciated her using her smarts to get ahead, I felt like the book just fell flat. Thankfully it was a pretty quick read and I didn't devote too much time to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment