Monday, October 15, 2012

Cheesy Chicken

I found this recipe online but am modifying it after making it and realize it called for way too much of each item. Here's how I plan to make it next time. I say to start by putting half of the crumbs and cheese in the bowls and then replenish so you don't waste ingredients since they'll have been tainted with raw chicken.

4 chicken breasts, cut into smaller pieces
1 to 2 sleeves Ritz crackers, crushed into fine crumbs in food processor
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 t salt
1/8 pepper
1/2 cup milk

for the sauce:
1 can cream of chicken soup (I used mushroom because that's what I had - it was still good)
2 T butter
2 T sour cream

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray
2. Place about half the Ritz crumbs in a bowl. Place the milk in a bowl, and place the cheese (start with half and replenish as needed) in a bowl.
3. Dip the chicken in the milk, then the cheese and then the crumbs. I found that the cheese didn't stick that well so I held it on and then really patted it into the crumbs.
4. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes more.
5. Make the sauce when you put it back in oven without foil. Just combine all ingredients in a small saucepan, stirring until butter is melted and all ingredients are blended.



No comments:

Post a Comment