Wednesday, May 8, 2013

40 by 40 - Good Deed 37

upload

This went to a friend at work who went above and beyond to help a friend who was having serious power issues at his office. The reason these issues are serious is because they are a cancer clinic, and the power issue required them to turn away patients coming in for radiation treatment.

This issue has gone on sporadically over the last few years, and I'd tried to get him in touch with someone who could help. As I'm sure everyone can relate to in their own professional lives, sometimes your company doesn't react in the way you would if you were in charge. I called a friend in our communications department because this issue was becoming so serious that my friend was thinking of calling the media. I knew that someone who would have to handle the calls from the media would find the right people to get results, and she did.

It wasn't much, but I wanted her to know her hard work was appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment