Monday, June 3, 2013

White Strawberry Lemon Sangria


I have one word for this recipe - Yum! This was part of the big birthday fiesta, and it will definitely be on my party (or just fun weekend) list going forward.

2 lemons, thinly sliced
1 apple, cored and sliced (any kind - I used a Pink Lady because that's what I had on hand)
1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced lengthwise
1 750 ml bottle white wine (I used the Trader Joes Sauvignon Blanc)
1/2 cup white rum
Sprite

Add lemon slices to a large pitcher, then the apples, then the strawberries.
Pour the wine and rum over the top.
Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least four hours. I steeped mine all night.
Remove from refrigerator and add the lemon lime soda (as little or as much as you'd like). Add a few pieces of the fruit to your glass and pour sangria over to serve.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment