Friday, August 20, 2010

Yummy (and Low-fat) Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas

I wanted to make something different for dinner, and I found this recipe. I made a few minor modifications and they turned out so good. I really couldn't taste the difference from something much higher in fat and calories. I used a store-bought rotisserie chicken. I just let it cool off, took all the skin off and then pulled the meat off the bone. Using a store-bought chicken made this recipe come together much faster on a weeknight than if I'd had to cook and cool chicken on my own first.

I realized I didn't have any reduced-fat cream cheese, so I substituted the same measurement of low-fat sour cream. I figured it'd be fine because it was probably in there less for taste and more to add a creamy texture to the filling.

The recipe also called for green taco sauce. I used canned green chile enchilada sauce instead because I knew it was something we liked.

I was going to take a picture, but I didn't think about it til they'd already cooled off and at that point they really wouldn't have made for a very photogenic shot. But take my word for it - make these enchiladas.

No comments:

Post a Comment