Sunday, February 26, 2012

Make-Ahead and Freeze Breakfast Burritos

Breakfast burritos are popular in this house, and recently I started making them in bulk and freezing them for easy grab-and-go breakfasts during the week. I thought I'd share the details with everyone just in case others wanted to try it too.

The ingredients are pretty simple. When I made these the first time, I cooked up a bunch of bacon but now I just use the crumbles and it works great.

The first time I made these, I didn't put milk in with the scrambled eggs, and they were kind of dry.

For the potatoes, just cube them, toss them in olive oil, salt and pepper and bake at 375 until soft (but not mushy).

For 8 burritos, I used about six eggs.

After they're rolled, I wrap them in a paper towel and then in the foil. Then all you have to do is take the foil off, heat them at 60% in the microwave for about 3 to 4 minutes and breakfast is done.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment