Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lost Amongst the Dolls

Last night as we were getting Madeline ready for bed, I turned on a Mickey Mouse CD that we'd listened to once or twice before. She'd never really reacted to it, and I'm not sure what made me decide to turn it on. But as soon as "Mickey Mouse Club" started playing, she went nuts. Then she pointed at her Minnie Mouse doll and said "Minnie Mouse."

Brian and I just looked at each other in disbelief because we'd never really talked about Mickey or Minnie with her. Plus she's been on such an Elmo kick that we hadn't even tried introducing other, and possibly less annoying vocal-wise, characters to her. But she kept saying Mickey and Minnie as we finished getting her ready, and then she decided she wanted Minnie to sleep with her.

And Elmo.

And her baby.

And her other baby.

And we ended up with this.



































It totally reminded me of the scene in ET where he's hiding in the closet amongst all of Drew Barrymore's stuffed animals

















We decided that they must have done something with America's favorite mice at school this week so I asked her teacher about it. I guess they stream toddler radio on Pandora and the Mickey Mouse Club song comes on a lot. But they haven't done much as far visually speaking, so not sure where she picked that up from.

Regardless, Brian and I would be THRILLED to have some other animated characters that she gravitates to. After 90 continuous minutes of Elmo last night, I nearly lost my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment