Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Thai Beef Lettuce Wraps

I love our new dishes! 

We are a week into our menu reboot to eat much healthier. I'm not calling it a resolution because I see it as a lifestyle change. I knew that when I said I wanted to do this that I couldn't just exist on on grilled chicken so I sought out some new recipes that would deliver lots of flavor without all the calories. This one sure met that requirement!


12 oz. flank, skirt or sirloin steak
1/2 tbsp chili sauce (I used Siracha)
2 tbsp soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
2 limes, cut into wedges
chopped cilantro
grated carrot
lettuce

1. Heat the grill or grill pan over high heat for at least five minutes. Season the steak with salt and pepper and place it on the grill. Cook for about four minutes on each side, depending on the thickness. You'll know it's done when it's firm but yields to the touch. Let it rest for 5 minutes.

2. Combine the chili sauce, soy sauce and juice of one lime in a small saucepan over low heat.

3. If you use skirt or flank steak, make sure to cut against the grain.

4. Place in the lettuce leave and garnish with cilantro, carrot and some more lime juice and top with the warmed sauce. I gave in and also did one for each of us in a tortilla. {SIDE NOTE: If you haven't tried these, you must pick them up the next time you're at Costco. They are AMAZING, and you'll never want to use the regular ol' tortillas again).



This makes two servings.

Nutritional details per serving for the recipe minus the tortillas:
297 calories
8.3 g fat
3 g saturated fat
3.6 g fiber
40.4 g protein



No comments:

Post a Comment