Friday, February 8, 2013

Oatmeal with Apples



I won't say I've had a love/hate relationship with Oatmeal. It's been more like a suffer-through-it/hate relationship. I know it's one of those things that is good for me, but I've always had issues with the texture and consistency.

But I've been looking for ways to mix up my breakfast routine since I have Chobani Greek Yogurt with some granola mixed in almost every day at work. When I am at home I want to do something different, and this recipe has helped with that. The original recipe called for a pear and almonds as a topping, but I've been trying different things to see what I like most.

Ingredients
1 medium apple, diced (or a pear)
1 teaspoons honey
1 packet instant oatmeal (recipe called for plain, but I used sugar free maple and brown sugar)
1 tablespoon chopped almonds (I used 2 tablespoons of granola instead)

Microwave chopped fruit and honey until warm (about 3 minutes). Prepare oatmeal as directed. Top with apple and honey mixture. Sprinkle with almonds or granola or whatever you want.



No comments:

Post a Comment