Thursday, February 7, 2013

Skillet Lasagna

Photo courtesy of http://nutritionfor.us/
I saw this on pinterest (shocker). I had made something similar before we reworked our eating habits. That one was full of cheese, Italian sausage and more. This one is much lower in fat and calories, and it looked like it fit well with our new meal plan. I thought it was really good and filling - especially for a meal under 400 calories. My photo is pending as I'm still learning how to use my new camera and software.

I didn't have everything on the list, so I noted what substitutions I made. I think one of the great things about this recipe is that you can really change it up based on what veggies you have on hand. I also added diced green pepper because I had some I needed to use.

Skillet Lasagna
serves 4
1-cup serving

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 large onion, chopped (I only had frozen pearl onions, so I thawed and sliced them)
  • 1 cup mushrooms, chopped (didn't have these)
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 (14.5 oz) cans Italian diced tomatoes, drained (just used regular since I didn't have Italian)
  • 1/4 cup tomato sauce (I used spaghetti sauce since I didn't have tomato sauce)
  • 3 basil leaves, chopped
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/2 cup skim ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
  • 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
  • About 6 ounces lasagna noodles, broken into thirds & fully cooked
  • 2 tablespoons parsley (dried or fresh)

Directions:

  1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until garlic is fragrant, about one minute. Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, salt and pepper. Cook mixture until it thickens up a bit, around 5 minutes.
  2. Add noodles to skillet and stir into the mixture well. Add scoops of ricotta cheese over the noodles; add in mozzarella and Parmesan. Stir in parsley.  Cook about 2 more minutes, or until mixture is thick.
  3. Serve immediately with additional basil or parsley.

Nutritional information per 1 cup: 

Calories: 275
Fat: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 42 grams
Fiber: 9 grams
Protein: 15 grams
Weight Watchers Points Plus Points: 7



No comments:

Post a Comment