Friday, March 1, 2013

40 By 40 - Good Deed 8

It started with a cookie. Not the one above, but one that looked like it. It was in the lunch I purchased while working an event in Santa Fe. It had been a long day already, and the cookie would probably have tasted really good. But I decided I didn't need it. So I thought I'd give it away. But to who?

Then I saw her.

A woman working really hard to clean up the mess others were leaving behind, and I decided that I'd give it to her.

She looked at me kind of funny when I offered it to her, and then she graciously said thank you. She said that for the most part people don't even really notice she's there since she tries to work in the background. She said she needed a little pick-me-up on that particularly crazy day, and the cookie was perfect.

Ah the power of one cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment