Saturday, August 30, 2014

It Pays to be Persistent

I went into detail in the Hiccup post about my frustration with the look of the tile backsplash. As a reminder, I was upset that there was some issues with the fact that the window sill wasn't level and that the tile looked unfinished.

Here's what it used to look like:

I worked with the construction super and talked about my concerns. Beyond the crooked window sill, I just wasn't satisfied with the overall appearance of the tile. There was such a huge gap at the bottom, and once we looked at it together, he saw my frustration. He agreed to work with them to add another row of tile along the bottom and to add some beveled grout along the edge as we saw in the model.

I'm so happy with the result. It looks so much more polished now.


Here is a closer look with a few fabric samples for Roman Shades I have been looking at. I have more samples on the way, too, because I'm not sure what direction I want to go in. They still have to paint the wall, but the finish on the tile work is done and I'm thrilled with the results of my work with the builder.





During that last meeting with the super, he also mentioned that once the roof was done, they'd put our solar tube in the closet. We had seen it in the model but didn't realize we were getting one. I love how it adds natural light without it being an actual window.




You can really see the difference in this picture from a few weeks ago from the same angle, prior to the installation.


So things are getting really close. All the drywall touch-up was done on Thursday, and I think they were finishing up the painting touch-ups on Friday. This next week will be the last touch-ups and then we do our walk-thru on the 11th and close on the 15th. Yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment