Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Not My Finest Moment

I wrote yesterday about the journey to getting a walk-thru date, which is what triggers the closing date. What I left out was that the conversation to get the date got a little heated. I had been through three very hard days of phone calls, and I'd reached my boiling point. I got very upset with the super and may or may not have told him "at this point I don't trust your company to build a birdhouse."

He did laugh and took it in stride, but I felt bad. I texted him after and apologized, and he let me know that he didn't take it personally and understood we had been put through quite an ordeal the last few weeks and months.

Even so, I firmly believe in saying "I'm sorry" and "thank you." So I took a Starbucks card over there today and as a result, got a chance to walk through the house with him to discuss concerns and see the progress.

A few more things have happened, including completion of our shower and the hanging of our mirrors. We opted for framed mirrors, and I can't believe what a difference it makes.







We got to talk more about my concerns over the kitchen backsplash as well, which was good because it's been a lot of texts, phone calls and emails up to this. 

We also got some great news in that the appraisal on the house came in higher than the amount we're under contract for, so we're already building equity, and we haven't even closed yet. And the appraisal was done without any appliances or landscaping taken into consideration, so it's worth even more than that,too! They're also raising their prices, so we're getting more home for our money than if we'd waited to buy. 

So all in all, things are rolling along and this time next month, we'll be unpacking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment