Friday, August 15, 2014

So Close... But Still Feeling So Far

We've had a very difficult time getting the builder to commit to a date.

When we first walked the lot for our pre-construction meeting, they said we'd set a date when we installed our counters because the availability of granite could impact a date.

Then as we went on, we were told "no - it's not counters - it's when we finish final floors." In our case, that's the carpet.

Well counters are in.

Carpet is in.

But we can't get a date that anyone on their side is sure will stick.

I was literally get a text message from the superintendent with September 16th as our walk-thru date (which is a week later than the latest timeframe we'd been previously been told would likely be the week) as I was getting a call from the sales manager saying the superintendent wouldn't commit to a date.

I'm sure one day we'll laugh at all of this. But not now. I feel like we're in this constant state of flux where we can't get details. I'm upset. Brian's upset. Our realtor is upset. And we're all confused by their inability to figure out when this house will be done.

When we walk around, this house doesn't look like it has a month of work left. If they hustled, it may not even have a week of work left.

Sigh.

Monday we're supposed to hear back from the sales manager with a more realistic date because they are going through all the "backlogged" houses with the regional manager. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Master bath - since we were there on Wednesday, they put in the counter and sinks.




Love my illuminated pantry - with no wire shelves! I've said it before, but I'll say it again because it makes me happy.


Love our beautiful front door


It's a sad little tree, but it's our tree. Since this was taken yesterday, the house numbers are up. 
I just didn't get a pic today.


No comments:

Post a Comment