Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Weight Loss Week 2 - Still Going Strong

5-26 Check-in appointment: -3.8 pounds
Total to date: 13.8 pounds

Between the extended weekend and Memorial Day activities, this week was a tough one. I am actually finding being at work easier because I pack my food and I get what's in my lunch bag. No more. No less. So being at home for three days, with a party thrown in there, was a little tough. But I made it through with a nice loss for the week.

This week I also really focused on planning meals. I have always been more successful when I sit down and plot out my week. It helps even when not dieting because I don't come home and wonder what on earth to throw together to feed everyone. The challenge I threw out to myself was three-fold:

1) find foods I'd like eating that fit my plan
2) make that same food workable for B since he's watching his diet, too; and
3) find a way to make that same food work for the girls

I think I succeeded in this because at no point did I make more than one meal to satisfy either B or the kiddos. So here's what we ate:

Friday 
Grilled flank steak with chimichurri - for this, I gave the girls the steak, sans sauce. Then I measured it out for us. The result was a perfect meal everyone loved.


Saturday
Breakfast: Baked eggs with wilted spinach and side of turkey sausage



Dinner: party at a friend's house

Sunday
Breakfast: Eggs with steamed asparagus and leftover steak

Dinner: Turkey-stuffed zucchini - this called for breadcrumbs on top, so I just made a serving without it

Monday
Breakfast: Carmelized onion, pepper and zucchini fritata


Dinner: Barbacoa beef - for this one, I cooked the meat all day. Then when I pulled it out for shredding, I reserved a good bit for the girls since it wasn't super spicy at that point. B and the girls had theirs as Chipotle-like burrito bowls with basmati rice and corn, while I enjoyed mine over a bed of greens.

Another thing that helps with meal planning? Having a pretty place to keep it all straight. I did end up mixing and moving some stuff around, but I knew I had everything on hand so it was easy to change up the meals based on our mood (or time).



No comments:

Post a Comment