Friday, February 8, 2013

40 By 40 - Good Deed 4



Today's good deed wasn't even one I necessarily planned. I was reading the local news and heard that our local no-kill animal shelter was robbed last night, and the thieves stole 300 pounds of dog food. For a facility that runs on donations, this was obviously a huge loss. I did a little more reading and saw that a local coffee shop was accepting donations of dog food and they would take it out to the facility.

I have no idea if this food is good, but this is a case where packaging made all the difference. I figured if dog food had the potential to make dogs a little happier, who could use it more than animals that have been abandoned, abused, neglected and unloved?

Here's the story in case anyone is interested in reading it.




No comments:

Post a Comment