Sunday, January 4, 2015

Herb-Crusted Salmon with Mixed Greens Salad



Found this one on PaleoOMG and modified it a bit based on what was in my pantry. Brian's not a fish person, but he really enjoyed this. We also felt like we could have done a four-ounce serving instead of six. I ate every bite but I could have gotten away with less.

For the Salmon
2 salmon fillets
1 Tablespoon flour (she called for coconut flour, which I didn't have)
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley (or dried)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
S&P to taste

For the salad
mixed greens
1/4 cup red onion, sliced thin
juice of 1 lemon
1 Tablespoon olive oil
S&P to taste

Preheat oven to 450.  (Note: I actually cooked it at 425 so I could cook it with the roasted Brussel sprouts)
Place salmon on parchment paper or foil-lined baking sheet.
Rub olive oil and dijon on top.
In small bowl, mix flour, parsley, S&P.
Sprinkle toppings onto salmon, then pat them down to moisten.
Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on your preference.
{Note: I pulled the brussel sprouts at about 11 minutes and then topped it with cooking spray and put it under the broiler for a few minutes to finish the topping.}
While cooking, mix all ingredients for the salad and toss.
Place salmon on top of greens and enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment