Sunday, January 4, 2015

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

So I need to preface this post by saying we're trying to eat a lot healthier and reduce our processed foods, but I don't know that I have the willpower (or budget) for full-on Paleo. That being said, I found this amazing recipe on Nom Nom Paleo.

I also have to say that this was my first time ever having brussel sprouts. And OMG. These were so good. I easily could have eaten the whole pan myself. Here is her recipe because I made some modifications.

3/4 pounds brussel sprouts
2 to 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
2 slices of bacon, diced
Salt and pepper
Balsamic vinegar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Trim the ends and any old outer leaves from the Brussel Sprouts. Then cut them in half.

Toss with the melted butter

Dump them on a foil-lined baking sheet. Make sure to keep it in one layer.

Sprinkle the diced bacon over the sprouts.

Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, tossing every ten minutes.

Drizzle the balsamic on them after you pull them from the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment