Sunday, January 4, 2015

Hummus and Veggie Wraps




Gotta hand it to Ree Drummond. When I have time to watch her show, I typically make a lot of what she shares. I still haven't posted about Thanksgiving, but it was very PW (Pioneer Woman) heavy.

These wraps were on the show yesterday, and I immediately added everything to my shopping list. They took me a bit to put together, but they were worth the time. They were super flavorful with all the different veggies, and my resident foodie Charlotte even asked for her own after sampling mine and daddy's.

You could totally use store-bought hummus, but I'm really trying to have more fresh stuff in our diet and reduce the amount of processed junk we it.

Makes two wraps

1 Tablespoon Butter or Olive Oil (I used OO)
1/2 whole red onion, halved and sliced
spinach tortillas - I used Ole Spinach and Herb tortillas
1/2 cup hummus
1 whole roasted red pepper (jarred), sliced
3 whole canned artichoke hearts, chopped
mixed greens
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette (I made some with 1/4 cup olive oil, balsamic and S/P and stored the leftover in a jar
1/4 cup reduced fat Feta

Melt butter over medium-low heat. Add the red onions and cook slowly for 10 to 15 minutes. I had the heat too high and they burned a little but they were still quite yummy. Cook until soft and deep golden brown. Set to the side to cool slightly.

Warm the tortillas slightly on a griddle. You just want them warm, not crunchy.

Here's how to assemble the wrap:
Put 1/4 cup hummus down the center of each tortilla
Place the cooked onions and red peppers over the hummus
Add the artichoke hearts
Toss with salad greens that have been tossed in the balsamic
Sprinkle 2 T feta on each

Roll up and enjoy! These came out to about 315 calories each, including the tortilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment